· The firmware file is not compatible which means the IPSW you got is not the right one for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your iTunes doesn’t recognize your firmware file. Therefore, to fix this problem, you need to get the right firmware file or make your computer recognize this file. We will show you some methods you can try below:
· Solution No.3: Update iTunes. Make sure that you have the latest iTunes version available. Open the program, find the option Check for updates. In many cases, once you update the software, the problem with the firmware disappears. Solution No.4: Restoring in DFU mode. Restart your computer, and launch iTunes. The next step is to connect the USB cable to your computer, but …
· Keep iTunes up-to-date. Update iTunes to fix iPhone firmware not compatible error. Ensure that the newest version of iTunes is running on your PC. Launch the program, and see the option “Check for updates”. In many instances, the issue with iPhone firmware disappears after the software has been updated. 5.
· Question: Q: firmware file is not compatible Hello, i am trying to update my iPhone 4 to 5.1.1 but i get a message from Itunes that ''the iphone could not be updated because the firmware file is not compatible'' .
· And clicked update/restore on itunes while holding down shift on my pc and selecting the downloaded file. But it keeps coming up with "firmware not compatible" and no other information. I have tried rebooting the computer, stopping my antivirus software, reinstalling itunes and redownloading the firmware. I have the latest version of iTunes ...
Closed iTunes and reopened it and it showed up. Thanks. I didn't realize it was available on iTunes yet. I'm not sure why it was still showing 8.3 at first.
In this situation, the iTunes can't recognize the firmware or the IPSW file is not matched with your device. You can restart your iPad and update iTunes to the latest version. Or download the right firmware file by visiting IPSW Downloader. Besides, you can also use the third-party iOS system recovery tool to fix this issue. Or you can directly go to the Apple store to seek suggestions.
In the eyes of a child, there are 7 million wonders of the world