· The firmware file is not compatible which means the IPSW you got is not the right one for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your iTunes doesn’t recognize your firmware file. Therefore, to fix this problem, you need to get the right firmware file or make your computer recognize this file. We will show you some methods you can try below:
One of our customers reported us that when he tried to upgrade his iPhone 7, he received the following error, "It's not possible to upgrade your iPhone 7 plus because the firmware file is not compatible". Many other Apple users are also facing the same issue where the iPhone could not be updated because the firmware file is not compatible.
· Some of the iPhone users have been complaining about the error: “the iPhone cannot be updated because the firmware file is not compatible”. With that issue, you cannot perform update or restore. However, we have prepared 5 ways to fix iPhone firmware not compatible for you, and you can try them out because you will probably solve the problem.
The iPhone could not be updated because the firmware file is not compatible. # No one seems to know what that means when you search for it on Google, and none of the advice works and it's happened a number of times, and every time I have to re-discover the workaround. This time I'm writing a blog post so when I search for it, I'll have the ...
To check that you need to start iTunes, and Check for updates. In some cases, once you update iTunes, the firmware not compatible problem is solved. Restore in DFU mode - Before you start, please restart your computer, and start iTunes. Now connect the Device via USB cable to your PC or Mac. Put your iPhone in DFU mode, and click the restore button via iTunes to recover your device.
· When iDevice users experience problems with the iOS software or unlocking, it is not uncommon for their lives to unravel. My passion is providing answers to your problems.
I get the message ''iPad could not be updated because the firmware file is not compatible" when I try to update iOS 5.1 to 5.1.1 using the downloaded iPad3,2_5.1.1_9B206_Restore.ipsw file. Info: iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 5.1, Unlocked. View 4 Replies Similar Messages: Ios 6 Beta 'firmware File Not Compatible'
· Question: Q: The iphone could not be updated because firmware file is not compatible? More Less. Apple Footer. This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the ...
· When I was restoring my iPhone 3G to whited00r 6 unlocked a prompt says that the iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored because the firmware file is not compatible".. I followed all the proper steps.. my iPhone 3G model is MB.. edit by bcooperizcool to provide relevant keywords in the title « Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 02:40:13 AM by JustinCase » Logged Axel 4. Hero Member; Posts: 123 ...
· Except stuck on the problem of iTunes backup is corrupt or not compatible, when backing up or restoring your iDevice, you may be failed due to other reasons, like the firmware files are not compatible, having not enough space on iDevice, the device is not eligible for the requested build.
No person ever advanced by traveling in reverse.